Friday, September 7, 2007

My room-mate's car nearly got stolen last night. Apparently the thiefs couldn't quite jump start it. The steering column has been wreched out of place. Every coffee shop in town seems to have a robbery story, from armed robbery to over night break in. It's strange. I started at a new coffee shop last week. And the first thing I was shown was footage from a surveillance camera of three men breaking into the back room and pilfering the safe. This was during business hours and the store was full of people. There's a strange crime wave going on. Is Minneapolis simply unconditioned to criminal activities? It definitely gets quite after dark. I rarely see cops. And I never see cops on foot. There just aren't enough people walking around. I've known several people who've been mugged. I guess you're an easy target if you're the only person on the sidewalk.

No comments: