Thursday, July 12, 2007

In NYC


This is an Uptown Minneapolis blog. But I'm not in Minneapolis right now. I'm in New York City. I don't really know what's going on in Minneapolis. Two nights ago, I saw the free Spoon show at Batter City Park. I knew that Battery Park City was different than the Battery-the tip of Manhattan-but when I met my friend in TriBeCa I expected to hike downtown for the show. Instead we just walked a few blocks west along Chambers street. The Spoon was show good. The band was well rehearsed. They didn't let any of their fans down. I was caught in a down pour before hand and my shoes and socks were soaked. I kind of hoped the show would be cancelled. I've been working/hanging out at a soap shop in Brooklyn. Essentially trying to figure out my life. I left Minneapolis two weeks convinced that I was never going back. Now, I'm starting to miss MPLS. I guess you just get used to a place. When I was in Minneapolis, I focused on all the problems (the car culture, the vacant streets and sidewalks, the early nights, the weird crime problem). I'm excited to return to Minneapolis for another year and make it work. My roommate told me that you either have to accept Minneapolis for what it is, or leave.

No comments: