Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Last day in New York. Yesterday was a busy tourist day for me. So far I've had some lazy days in Brooklyn. Going to the coffee shop downstairs, going to the soccer field for quesadillas, drinking coffee at the soap shop. But yesterday I went into the city and wore myself out. I had a double cheeeseburger and a single scoop of frozen custard at the Shake Shake in Madison Square park for breakfast, I picked up a couple magazines from B & N at Union Square (Zoetrope's All Story and the Atlantic summer fiction issue). Browsed the Virgin Mega store for a while. Then walked down Broadway to Other Music and picked up Jaylib's Sound Champion, the Elvis Perkins record (which I haven't listened to yet) and, for my younger sister, a nine minute ep by Vampire Weekend. I went to see Rescue Dawn, walked around SoHo, drank a cup of coffee in Washington Square Park, and finally ate dinner at a fish and chips place on Atlantic Avenue in Brooklyn. I did a bunch of other stuff, too. At the end of the day, though, I felt like the whole point of the outing was just to look at girls.

No comments: